Chief Joseph Rally
June 23 - 25, 2017
Grant County Fairgrounds, John Day, Oregon
Join us at the Grant County Fairgrounds, nestled in the scenic Strawberry Mountains, John Day Oregon, for a weekend of terrific riding, seminars, food and fellowship. This historic city is located at the Junction of Hwys 395 and 26. Enjoy the West’s best riding; gold and cattle country, refreshing mountain passes, painted hills, river canyons, and wide open desert. All this in one day’s riding! Visit the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument or any of four different museums. Begin planning your trip now! Oregon is for Riders! Come to John Day and see what we mean!
On-Line registration is now open. Click here to register for the rally.
Pre-order your T-shirt, sweatshirt and/or hat by clicking here or go to http://bmwro.org and click on the "2017 Order Rally T-Shirt" link on the left side of the web page. T-shirts will only be available by pre-order this year.
- Organized tours to selected attractions.
- Geology Rocks! Tours
- Self guided maps with touring and off-road routes.
- Tech sessions, seminars, door prizes, awards, entertainment and more are scheduled.
- Commemorative Rally T-Shirt and hats will be available for sale.
Food & Lodging
- A light Friday night dinner and full Saturday evening dinner are provided in rally fee.
- On site food vendors and in town restaurants available for other meals.
- Beer garden on site.
- The Grant County Fairgrounds, on the John Day River, offers green grass camping and hot showers!
- Reservations required for adjacent RV Park extra cost involved.
- Excellent motel accommodations*, dining options and shopping are just three blocks from the Fairgrounds.
- Leashed pets are welcome.
We encourage everyone to pre-register for the rally.
Day Pass: $20 per person, meals not included; passes can only be purchased at the gate.
- Pre-Registration: $50 BMWRO members / $60 non-members
- Gate Registration: $60 BMWRO members / $70 non-members
- 12 yrs and younger: $10
Grant County Fairgrounds RV Park
411 NW Bridge St,
John Day, OR 97845
*Here are four hotels or motels close to the fairgrounds:
Best Western John Day Inn
315 W Main St, John Day, OR 97845
Americas Best Value Inn
390 W Main St, John Day, OR 97845
Budget 8 Motel
711 W Main St, John Day, OR 97845
Americas Best Value Inn
390 West Main Street, John Day, OR 97845